Sunday, September 9, 2012

College Life - Update #2

Sorry guys! I missed last week, but I'll catch you up.

We're now in the third week of school, but thankfully homework has slowed up a little bit. I have a presentation, paper and Spanish test due this week. The presentation is for Rhetoric, analyzing a Santa ad from the forties.

This ad, to be exact. Frightening.
Basically, I have to examine different rhetorical elements of the ad and pull an argument from it. I'm going to say that the ad can't really make up it's mind about what it wants to do, who it wants to sell to, etc. The paper I have to do is for Advanced Comp and I have to analyze a paper I wrote Freshman year with the analysis tools we've been learning. Then we'll workshop it in class and make sure we all understood the assignment. It should be pretty interesting.

I've also performed a "difficult conversation" in Ethnography. I did pretty well I think and the student whose conversation I was performing liked it a lot, so I'd call it a success. I've also written two short assignments for my creative writing class and got a 98 on the first one. It was a pretty good week, grades wise.

Work is also taking off. I proctored my first quiz this week, the actual thing I'm hired to do on campus. It went well and I really like being able to help the students like that. In case I didn't share it last time, proctoring is helping students take quizzes or tests if they need help reading or writing.

Hastings is also working out pretty well too. I get about 12 - 15 hours a week and i really like the job. The people are really cool and fun too, plus the discount is awesome!

The roommates are still awesome and I'm getting to spend more time with them lately, so that's good too.

Well...That's pretty much it! Sorry this one isn't more exciting, but I'm pretty glad life is kind of slowing down.

Talk to you guys soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment